[CQ-Contest] CAC ..... was "radio-sport.net web site or copy and paste j

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CAC ..... was "radio-sport.net web site or copy and paste journalism
From: "Edward Sawyer" <SawyerEd@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 08:05:42 -0400
I agree with part of W5OV's statement.  If they agreed to secrecy, they
should be tied to it.  However, if the group does disband and get re-built,
it's the perfect time to change it to transparent.  Personally, I believe it
should be transparent.  This isn't the United Nations Security Council
folks.its contesting.

If rules of a very popular contest are being proposed to be changed, the
voice of the ones enjoying it every year are pretty important voices and
deserve to be heard.

By the way, let me be the first to vote NO on changes to the ARRL DX contest
as we know it and YES to starting up a new contest that is conceived by the
collective wisdom of this group.  One more series of DX contests would have
my vote.  And if it wants to be distance based, work everybody, only be 24
hours, (pick your favorite topic here), go for it.  I vote for April.

73

Ed N1UR