Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote contesting Questions

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote contesting Questions
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 09:48:28 -0600
Doug,

I am not trying to justify anything.  I am trying to get a better feel
for why people are adverse to this from a contesting and activity
standpoint.

Why does the location of the operator bother you?  If am in San Diego it
is ok to build a remote station in New England which is 3000 miles away
but If I lived in Texas and built a remote station in Mexico 400 miles
away it would not?  20 years ago the Internet did not cross the globe.
People with money set up remote stations and used dedicated phone
circuits instead.

There is absolutely no fairness in contesting.  Some people have more
money, time, space, desire, skill, perseverance than the next guy.  To
say that remote contesting is unfair

So for you remote contesting is ok if the remote station and operator
are in the same country even though the distance traveled is huge
compared to say Europe.  Building a remote station in the Caribbean is
not ok but building a station in the Caribbean and renting it out is.

Mike W0MU

W0MU-1 CC Cluster w0mu.net