Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Operation Thoughts - ZC4Li

To: <hodgson@cytanet.com.cy>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Operation Thoughts - ZC4Li
From: Peter Sundberg <sm2cew@telia.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 18:34:25 +0000
Good question.

Can you enter the contest as unassisted but have someone assisting at the
remote end if anything goes wrong? Who would want to stop if you are well
ahead and all of a sudden the rig 4000 km away locks up only six hours
before the contest ends. Then again, maybe you just divert your Internet
connection to another distant QTH where there is a remote rig waiting to be
used. Who would know?

Again, what a good hobby we used to have.

73
Peter SM2CEW