[CQ-Contest] KDKA 1920 first transmission

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] KDKA 1920 first transmission
From: "fabio.grisafi@libero.it" <fabio.grisafi@libero.it>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 13:14:09 +0200 (CEST)
Hi fellow contesters. Excuse me for the topic not related to contesting but...
I need your help.
I am studying for an exam I will attend on Sept 5th about Mass Media history. I
have listened to a recording of the first ever public radio licensed station,
KDKA Pennsylvania. It was Nov 2nd 1920.
In the audio recording (made with vynil or wire recorder I think) it is heard
some CW from an Ham radio station.Ham radio operators were the majority of the
radio listeners in that age. It is clear a 5NN in the reception.
Could you ear the callsign?
http://www.audiomicro.com/tracks/dialog/674568

First public transmition here in Italy was October 6th, but on 1924. It was the
URI that transmitted the first announcment. We can ear some CW in that
recording too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArbnavDdxTk
I will be very pleased to receive a feedback.
Regards,
Fabio, IT9GSF (IG9A, II9T, IU9T and... II9P).