[CQ-Contest] Art Trampler, K0RO SK

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Art Trampler, K0RO SK
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 11:05:32 -0500
Following is a post to the CWops group from Jack, N2JT - Art's brother in
NJ.  Jack and I exchanged several e-mails this morning, and Jack informed
me that the funeral is on Monday at Greenlawn North Funeral Home,
Springfield, MO.  (417-833-1111).  He asked if I would pass the news along
to the contest community.

Art was a friend.  He helped a lot with antenna work on many occasions and
was a primary operator in our multi-operator CW efforts.  Because most of
his contest activities were using another call sign, many may not recognize
K0RO, but on more than one occasion I got up after sitting down for a while
next to Art, and said "This guy is good."  Art always provided more than
his share of entertainment for the group, and even his (sometimes) corny
jokes will be missed.

My last communications with him was an e-mail that he sent recently
regarding the upcoming CQ WW CW Contest.

Congratulations Stan. And I’ll be back for it, I’m sure! 73,Art

Very sad...RIP, Art.

Stan, K5GO

>From N2JT:

Its with great sadness I wish to let all CW Ops members know of the sudden,
unexpected passing of my brother, Art Trampler K0RO, CWOPS Charter member
#481.  He loved ham radio, especially working CW (I don't think he even
owned a mic) and got me to join CWOPS too.  Condolences or QSL cards can be
sent to both his wife Mary and mother Betty at his QRZ address.

Art, I will miss you.

73,
Jack Trampler - N2JT CWOPS #640