[CQ-Contest] NAQP multi-2 strategy

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NAQP multi-2 strategy
From: John Unger <w4au@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:07:32 -0500
I am thinking of try M/2 in the NAQP in January. I've read over the rules, which seem pretty straightforward and understandable, but what I don't know is the best general strategy to follow.

The trivial approach seems to be to have each transmitter on it own band at any one time and then just operate like a SO for at least 10 minutes on that band; maybe passing mults to the other band if needed. But how do the "real" M/2 stations operate in NAQP? You don't have to give away an real secrets, of course, but just some general ideas and strategy would help. I can imagine having other ops just listening on "off" bands and putting mults on a bandmap and then one of the transmitting stations going to that band (for at least 10 minutes, of course) to work those new band/mults.

tnx es 73 - John, W4AU