Re: [CQ-Contest] polishing my English re Skimmer

To: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] polishing my English re Skimmer
From: "Martin , LU5DX" <lu5dx@lucg.com.ar>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:51:56 -0300
Clap Clap Clap Dave!
Nothing to add, but I do need to re-enforce one of your thoughts: Some
people's logic is really wrong!
They tend to call contesters who use DXCluser Hybrid Cyborgs or dunno what.
Like Paul EI5DI.
I spent one year getting ready for CQ WW, analyzing logs, taking my CW RX
speed limmit over 120 WPM, practicing an hour a day with Morse Runner at
the highest level of pile up and stuck my ass to the chair for 48 hours,
mostly keying by hand with an old Bencher BY1, to be called a cyber
something :-)
Just for the fact that  I use something called a band map with info about
stations and the frequency they are on.
These guys think that it's sort of magic, you click on a spot and the score
keeps increasing with no explanation.
They don't even know good contesters listen first and make sure about
calls, not just point and click and call blind.
That's why I had to keep listening for up to three minutes for a big boy to
send his call, before I called in.....

The day will come when a DX Cluster is no longer used to split single op
categories based on something which usage cannot even be proved... The day
will come when ops will be able to decide whether to use it or not and be
just single ops like they actually are now :-)

Vy 73.

Martin, LU5DX