Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP scoring

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP scoring
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 10:26:47 -0600
That is correct Bob. There are no penalties for busted QSOs in the NAQP. They are removed from your log without penalty. The only penalty is that you lose the QSO. The contest managers and log checkers discussed this recently, and we decided to leave it this way for one more year. The NAQP began as more of a "friendly" event (hence the word "Party" in the name) but it has evolved over the years into a fairly competitive contest. Some of us feel that some type of penalty scheme needs to be implemented, if for no other reason than to encourage accuracy proficiency. We will re-visit this rule again next year.

73, Kirk K4RO