Re: [CQ-Contest] contest clubs and boundaries

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] contest clubs and boundaries
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 08:35:37 -0600
My feeling always was just like any other Radio club, Where the club boundaries were determined by both the number of members in the club, as well as the distance from like the meeting place of the monthly meeting.

The distance was more or less the distance someone would be willing to travel once a month to the "Meeting"

And numbers of members all have to do with density. Like where i am now, the nearest "Club" is a 45 minute drive. And has maybe a dozen members.

Yet where I came from the Chicago area there are maybe a dozen clubs or more within that 45 minute drive time and each one has over 100 members.

I would never in any case say a person is a member of a club, if the travel to the monthly meeting is longer than what they would be willing to do every single month.

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme