Re: [CQ-Contest] Multiple Contest Callsigns

To: wa5rtg@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Multiple Contest Callsigns
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 09:44:46 -0500 (EST)
This is a very unlikely scenario.

It's not clear if you are worried about this being done by a contest  club
or a general interest club.

If the former, a requirement to cease use of the first call after a second
call is used would stop abuse. I doubt that a hundred members of a contest
club  would quit on Sunday afternoon to give one serious member a unique qso.

If the later, it seems to me that very few non-contesters have second calls
 available. And if one hundred people who would otherwise not make any QSOs
 instead make one QSO with their friend, that would not be affected by the
current rules.

On the other hand, there is a great deal to be gained by generating fresh
participants in the later hours of Sweepstakes, or any other contest longer
than  a few hours.

73  -  Jim   K8MR

In a message dated 2/2/2013 7:58:50 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,