Re: [CQ-Contest] Multiple Contest Callsigns

To: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Multiple Contest Callsigns
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 10:36:19 -0600
Jim,

See below...

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 8:44 AM, <Jimk8mr@aol.com> wrote:

> **
> This is a very unlikely scenario.
>
> It's not clear if you are worried about this being done by a contest club
> or a general interest club.
>
> If the former, a requirement to cease use of the first call after a second
> call is used would stop abuse. I doubt that a hundred members of a contest
> club would quit on Sunday afternoon to give one serious member a unique qso.

Jim  -  How might a requirement to cease use of the first call after a
second call is used affect the ability for some number of stations to each
make a few contacts with one call and then switch to another call to make a
few more contacts?

I used 100 as an example.  The fact is that 25 guys or fewer with two call
signs each who might not have otherwise turned the radio on could almost
guarantee victory for the one of their choosing out of 3 stations sending
the highest number late Sunday afternoon/evening.  I am not talking about
serious participants who would sacrifice their serious effort to help a
fellow club member.

I am not so worried about it. I am just supposing that what could already
be accomplished now would be twice as easy and more likely to occur as a
result..

There are a lot more what if's that I wont even mention.

73...Stan, K5GO