[CQ-Contest] SO2R Practice Problem

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R Practice Problem
From: "KB1H" <kb1h@ct.metrocast.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 16:29:34 -0500
During the recent ARRL DX CW contest the experience of someone obviously using
SO2R and trying to hold a frequency while going away for some other QSO reared
it's head on 40M.

Finding what seemed to be a clear frequency at 7003.5 after QRLing many times
with no answer only to have a station come back after 2-3 minutes starting to
call CQ. OK, so I can understand how this can happen even though we worked 2 or
3 stations before the US station returned. Should I leave the frequency? Maybe.
 Then he disappears for another 2-3 minutes. We work some more DX. Then he
comes back calling CQ again. The time gone was just too long to expect a clear
frequency when returning.

I really can't remember what we finally did. I think we moved but it was
irritating for 15 minutes I am sure ruining both our rates. Next time we just
will have to see who wins.

73
Dick - KB1H

Visit "The Barnstormers Contest Group - NZ1U"
website http://www.qsl.net/kb1h/

24/7 Webcam Link on the website

Email KB1H@arrl.net   YCCC----> http://www.yccc.org/

KB1H DXSpider Node ------>  dxc.kb1h.com port 7300