Re: [CQ-Contest] BRAVO ZULU, Europe

To: K0DQ <k0dq@analog.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] BRAVO ZULU, Europe
From: Radio K0HB <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 19:56:32 -0700
Thus spake "Just an Admiral and his Battleship"!  Talk about a "big gun"!

I'm just an old Destroyer Sailor.  Never operated from one of those fat
ships.  (ADM Vern Clark spoke at a TinCan Sailors lunch here in Phoenix
last month.  I stole that "fat ship" phrase from him.)

73, Hans, K0HB

On Thursday, February 21, 2013, K0DQ wrote:

> 73
>
> Scott, K0DQ
>
> Embarked in Battleship New Hampshire (WW1WW)
>
> P.S. As the "Just a boy and his radio" guy will tell you, BZ (BRAVO ZULU)
> is
> the NATO (and other ally) signal for "Well Done!"
>
> P.P.S. Not to be read as a slight to any other groups of operators.  This
> is
> only one for which I have personal data.

73, de Hans, K0HB
"Just a boy and his radio"
--
Sea stories at --------> http://K0HB.wordpress.com