Re: [CQ-Contest] Two points for intra-NA QSOs in CQWW?

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Two points for intra-NA QSOs in CQWW?
From: Sergey Shitov <sergeysh@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 10:29:38 -0800 (PST)
I also find that 2 points within NA is a kind of odd rule. Even more, operating
from W6 lately I would rather prefer to have 1 point within NA but to allow 1
point QSO’s between the states in USA to keep things going.

In a situation like now and especially during years of solar minimum there are
very few stations which you can work for points (other than zero) from the West
Coast of USA. For large stations with monobanders/ stacks it may be less of an
issue but for average or small stations this contest is often a very slow 48hr
adventure from W6. Years 2006 and 2007 were especially low on QSO numbers.

In fact, I find that  CQWPX and IARU HF are much more balanced and involving
contests in this regard when I look from this side of the world.

Sergey VK2IMM & KJ6MBW