Re: [CQ-Contest] Love my operating chair--monitors

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Love my operating chair--monitors
From: "Mike" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 18:48:39 -0300
Steve,

I also recently moved my monitor(s) from slightly to the left, then later,
desktop level down in front, to nearly straight ahead of me.

Straight ahead of me is infinitely better.  Been using that for a month.
Neck strain has been reduced significantly. I guess it puts your head in a
semi neutral angle??

I am currently using a laptop (but an LCD screen would be the same) so if I
do get a slight bit of strain after many hours, what I will do is tilt he
screen slightly one way or another, or put it on top of a book, and use that
for several hours, and then put it back to the original height.  I am
betting that works your neck muscles differently for those periods of time.

Many years ago I was a busy dispatcher and it was the opinion of the
Ergonometrist (is that a word>?) we hired to set up several monitors nearly
straight ahead of us.  As best as I can remember, the carpenter put all the
monochrome 14" CRT on wooden blocks about a foot tall.

None of us complained of neck pain..only eye & voice strain, hi ! (that is a
different topic though_)

Mike VE9AA