Re: [CQ-Contest] Flashback - Is It Time?

To: "'reflector cq-contest'" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Flashback - Is It Time?
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 08:18:00 -0000
The CQ WPX and CQ WW Contest results in the online database both show the
number of hours of operation for all entries.  Under the suggested rules
below, you could just take the results and slice them according to various
ranges of hours of operation.  No additional work for the contest
administrators.

This could be a useful source of data for doing some "what if" analysis
around various amounts of operating time.  Put together some "top tens" and
see what you get.

Finding the first 24 hours of operation would take some tweaking of the
computer software, but this is essentially what the WPX Contest does to
calculate the 36 hours of permitted operating time.  Any QSOs after 36 hours
are not counted for score.

Randy, K5ZD