Re: [CQ-Contest] Ed N1UR "competitive contester "

To: <wa1fcn@charter.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Ed N1UR "competitive contester "
From: "Edward Sawyer" <SawyerEd@Earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 16:03:27 -0400
My point was not to go "prowling for CQing stations" without answers and
jump on them.  I don't believe anyone is doing that.  Certainly not commonly
from what I hear.

My point was that if I start CQing on what I think is a clear frequency and
you are close by.not too close for me, but closer than you want me to be.
And I get a fairly quick call or two to my CQs and start feeling
"established".  Whether you have been CQing for a while or not.I am likely
staying where I am if I am seeing rate.  And I will listen to the "objecting
station" when challenged,  The last thing I want is to be covered over by
his pile.  But if he is not too strong and not getting answers, and I am, I
am likely staying.

That is all I meant.

The most important point is that a frequency is not a discrete point, its an
implied bandwidth.  And some people get all worked up if you are within
400hz of their center frequency on CW.  And feel its "their" frequency.  I
am using a rock solid 250hz bandwidth filter.  That person is "non existent
to me in most cases" when I am 250hz away.

Ed  N1UR