Re: [CQ-Contest] : Reverse beacon of my own call?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] : Reverse beacon of my own call?
From: "Edward Sawyer" <SawyerEd@Earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 15:23:36 -0400
"BTW CQ WW rules clearly disallow RBN for Single Operators with no any

Exception"

Actually it doesn't.  The rules state that this technology cannot be used to
decode callsign and frequency information or multiplier information.  Since
you know your callsign, transmit frequency, and whether you need yourself
for a mult before looking for a signal report on RBN, there is actually no
violation of the rules on the surface from my read.

You could argue it's the use of a remote receiver.  However if that is the
case than all RBN use would be prohibited for all users regardless of class
except extreme.

My interpretation of the rules only but read them yourself and see if you
disagree.

73

Ed  N1UR