Re: [CQ-Contest] You want instant I. D. s ?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] You want instant I. D. s ?
From: W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 15:09:12 -0700
The rules could be modified to encompass an emerging technology............

On 11/8/2013 9:55 AM, dave@g4buo.com wrote:
This would be a multi-mode transmission which, in a single-mode SSB
contest, would get you DQed.

73, Dave G4BUO

-----Original Message----- From: Charles Harpole
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 4:06 PM
To: CQ-Contest Reflector
Subject: [CQ-Contest] You want instant I. D. s ?

Seems some smart guys, like the skimmer guys or the RBN crowd, could come
up with a sub-audible identifying system that would send the station\'s
call
sign with each of his transmissions, especially on phone.  Why not?

The receiver has a decoder for that system and reads the call sign on his
monitor or hears it in, gasp, CW as made audible by the system.

I suggest the name of the System be the GS, or Gripe Stopper.

Charly, HS0ZCW