Re: [CQ-Contest] Flex Radio Question

To: Rudy Bakalov <r_bakalov@yahoo.com>, Tod Olson <tod@k0to.us>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Flex Radio Question
From: Stu Phillips <stu@k6tu.net>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 14:23:58 +0000
Rudy,

I can’t comment on the ANAN products - I believe the ANAN is a repacked
version of the TAPR HPSDR system and I don’t have any experience with
either.  There is a strong community of Flex users which you can see at:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio

which would be the usual place for discussions between Flex owners.

I use the Flex6700 contesting in all modes and haven’t experienced any
problems with latency.  Same goes for cracking pile ups in DX hunting.  In
phone or RTTY contests I typically run more than 100 Qs an hour with
sustained bursts of 240 or better - I’m a less strong CW op and that’s my
rate limitation in that mode.

Actual use in contests is the true measure for me.
Stu K6TU