Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 141, Issue 25

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 141, Issue 25
From: Marvin Bloomquist <n5aw@281.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 18:09:42 -0500
Ed,

From a contesting standpoint the place having been activated recently is not all bad. N6ZZ and I went to 3C back in 1996. It had not been activated for some time and the pileups were horrendous - so bad they kept our rates down. Good luck - sounds like a fun trip. Hope to work you in the contest.

73, Marv N5AW

On 9/19/2014 11:09 PM, cq-contest-request@contesting.com wrote:
Message: 1
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 11:16:47 -0600 (MDT)
From: Ed Richardson<ed_richardson@shaw.ca>
Cc:cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Travelling for Contestest or Dxpeditions

Thanks for all the replies! Wer are heading to Timor Leste (4W) from Oct 19 to
27 and including CQWW. So far the Government has been very accommodating  with
license requests.

The down side is there has been a flurry of activity to this DXCC in the last
several months but when booking flights and such a long time in advance, it is
difficult to change destinations at the last minute. On the upside, there have
been several big name ops that have activated this DXCC in the last several
months so they should have some first hand experience to share.

Ed VE4EAR

--
Marvin Bloomquist
Burnet, TX