Re: [CQ-Contest] Clarification from DL1MGB

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Clarification from DL1MGB
From: K4XS via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 10:10:27 -0500
I usually operate assisted.   Thanks to the committee for  listening to the
contesters and doing the right thing.

K4XS

In a message dated 12/18/2014 2:55:10 P.M. Coordinated Universal Tim,
dl1mgb@wrtc2018.de writes:

Hello,

after reviewing the discussions and the criticism we  received from
contesters worldwide, we had an internal discussion and decided  the following
changes.

We will split the Single Operator categories  into Unassisted and Assisted.
Unassisted Single Operators will still have a  weighting factor of 1.0.
Assisted Single Operators weighting factor will be  changed to 0.9. The reduced
weighting factor accomodates the fact that there  will be no assisted
operation during the WRTC competition in 2018.

All  other rules stay unchanged and are final. Please understand that
further  changes of the qualifying rules would have a deep impact on the
balance
of the  rules requiring the re-design of the entire rule system from
scratch.

The latest version of the qualifying rules can be downloaded  at
http://www.wrtc2018.de.

Good luck to all qualifiers! Nearly two  months to go!

73s Chris DL1MGB
President WRTC2018 Organizing  Committee