[CQ-Contest] Dupes AND QRP

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Dupes AND QRP
From: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 09:45:35 -0500
Just tying together two threads running here.

(Boy, am I tired of all the bickering about WRTC qualifying.  I don't live
on that planet.)

I was privileged to operate W1AW/3 (MD) this week at W3LPL's station.  We
got lots of dupes, often only a few minutes or an hour after the initial
QSO.  I recall but few "/QRP", one of which was notable.

I logged one DX station, and then just a couple of minutes later he called
in again, now signing "/QRP".  I figured he had used his regular power for
the first QSO, then shifted to QRP to see if he could get through, and
maybe he thought the W1AW op would recognize the dupe and ignore him.

So, I worked him again, and sent and logged the /QRP.

73, Art K3KU