Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW Op Name - Je suis Charlie

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW Op Name - Je suis Charlie
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 18:48:11 +0000
On 12/01/2015 17:16, Fred Kleber wrote:
In the recent NAQP contest, there was a station who used 'JESUISCHARLIE'  for
his name.  This name is too long to fit in the standard Cabrillo field for
operator name.  I submitted my log with what I copied for a name, even though
it makes the QSO line longer than permitted by Cabrillo format.  Any idea how
the contest organizers will score this?

Individual Cabrillo QSO fields are separated by one or more spaces.
If a field has more characters than expected, the checking software
generally ignores the "extra" characters, whether they were Sent or
Received.

73,
Paul EI5DI