Re: [CQ-Contest] Names

To: Greg <ab7r@cablespeed.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Names
From: <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 09:51:19 -0600
I have zero problem with sending names in memoriam of lost fellow amateurs or
to show solidarity with certain world events.

This is nothing more than a hobby, a pastime, if you will. If it means the odd
NAQP is played 100 per cent by "Carl", what could be a more fitting tribute to
a contesting legend? Is it really the coming of the apocalypse?

To cite the rules in opposition is to ignore one detail: The rules say nothing
that could be construed as prohibiting a temporary name change.

It's a hobby. It's supposed to be fun. To take it so seriously as to bemoan the
occasional tribute is to ignore that one detail.

Vive le contesting! Vive le fun!

Charlie (For today, anyway)

Sent from my iPad