Re: [CQ-Contest] Excessive Bandwidth Rule was: Re: Suggestion for Cabril

To: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>, George via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Excessive Bandwidth Rule was: Re: Suggestion for Cabrillo -- and the phone skimmer, new idea
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 14:05:27 -0500
They either do it on purpose or they're so convinced of their technological
greatness they've convinced themselves their audio is perfect.

Either way, mentioning it won't have much effect: it will either confirm to
them they set it the way they intended (more complaints the better), or
they'll dismiss you as a technological pretender with no real knowledge,
and, by the way, 'How DARE you have the temerity to question my audiological
prowess? Don't you know who I am?'

The best fix is for everybody to vote with their feet. Don't work 'em.

73, kelly
ve4xt

On 4/10/15 12:52 PM, "Mike Fatchett W0MU" <w0mu@w0mu.com> wrote:

> I have never understood thought process behind not publicly "outing" the

offenders.  Most of them know they have crappy or very wide audio.  They
do
> it on purpose.

The best medicine would to pass these lousy signals by but
> people won't
because they have to have that one contact, at least tell them
> their
audio is lousy and you hope that nobody reports them, ahem.....

Mike