Re: [CQ-Contest] What am I to think?

To: "'Charles Henry'" <k4vud@hotmail.com>, "'Contest Internet'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] What am I to think?
From: VK4TS Trent Sampson <vk4ts@outlook.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 07:16:30 +1000
Location, Location, Location

Have a look at the comparison section on RBN - Pick to close comparable
stations and plot the signal strengths using the graph function, you will
actually see the prop move in waves to each location, even close at hand like
here in South east Queensland -

It is a bitter pill to swallow but the same antenna, same height on the tower,
has nothing to do with Terrain and local soil conductivity - Run an analysis of
both QTH's via HFTA using the new tool that is on www.k6tu.net to gain an
insight as to where they are picking up the extra Q's. It invariably will
highlight a weakness you can or cannot overcome.

It may be as simple as pointing a low tribander at South America..

and sometimes operators are just better.

Regards

Trent VK4TS