[CQ-Contest] Bravo - CQ

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Bravo - CQ
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 10:20:08 -0400
Bravo to the CQ Contest Committee and the Directors of the CQ WW, CQ WPX,
and CQ 160 contests.  I hope the crowd sharing method that invoked the TO7A
suspicion will continue if any other logs appear that need to be sanitized.
It didn't take long for the contest community to confirm what smelled was
indeed bad fish.

Just as an FYI, I have already set up my recording software using Audacity.
In my case - I found that separate isolation transformers were need on each
channel L/R to make it noise and "click free" as I changed radios.  I will
be recording the IARU contest as a "trial run".  It would look to be "no
burden at all" to do so.

One thing that needs still to be clarified in the changing monitoring rules
of recording and frequency logging: what is the frequency of split operation
on 40 and 80.  In my case, I often transmit on one radio and listen on the
other.  My receive frequency would never be recorded in such case.  Also, in
looking at my logs and others, it looks pretty random whether the receive or
the transmit frequency ends up in the log when using single radio split.  It
probably depends on the software and which VFO is the transmit vs the
receive.  The intent needs to be clarified here and the less intrusive the
better to allow for software, radio, and technique flexibility.

73

Ed  N1UR