Re: [CQ-Contest] US Call Areas as Multipliers

To: "John Laney" <k4bai@att.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] US Call Areas as Multipliers
From: "Radio K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 07:59:51 -0800 (PST)
I'm sure, John, that you recall when FCC required you to file an itinerary when
you intended portable operation, with periodic updates.

And "Additional Station" licenses so you could preserve your "home" call when
the Navy sent you on DXpedition to Midway or Kansas.

I guess I'm glad that whole hassle has gone the way of certifying current
activity when applying for a renewal, or getting a signature from your CO that
military operations prevented amateur activity.  How many applicants falsified
that certification, or worse yet, didn't bother to renew?

If the contest requires you to record my location, it also requires me to
provide that info in the exchange.

"Kay Four Big American Indian this is Kay Zero Handsome Boy --- Please copy fie
nigh foe and good luck in the contest OM. QSL?"

__73, de Hans, K0HB

"Just a Boy and His Radio"™