Re: Topband: Stew Perry Preliminary Results

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>, TreeN6TR <tree@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Stew Perry Preliminary Results
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 21:44:38 -0500
On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 7:45 PM, Richard (Rick) Karlquist <
richard@karlquist.com> wrote:

> Remember the seasons are reversed in the Southern Hemisphere.  We
> are already having a tough time getting participation from "down
> under".  Maybe a more inclusive naming convention would make
> sense.
>
> Rick N6RK

OK, I understand that, but I didn't pick the name.

I think the participation from down under has more to do with the
propagation and noise issues from the seasonal reversal, plus the time
difference issued like how propagation mostly only opens up path to US at
our sunrise.

First, second, third and final.

March, June, October, December.

Freshman, sophomore, junior, senior.

Aries, Cancer, Scorpio, Capricorn

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter

My essential points were that none of them should be a "run-up" or
rehearsal, and that there ALSO should be an annual score listing, which
people could sign up to plaque as well.

Of all the things that might improve down under participation is having
more people on for the June Stew, where everyone has an opportunity to run
up points that go together with the December Stew for an annual score.

73, Guy