Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP power - read the rules

To: Bruce Horn <bhorn@hornucopia.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP power - read the rules
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 01:03:40 +0000 (GMT)
Bruce,

Well, I've been writing and reading rules for many decades now, and, at least
for me, the
excerpt I cited seems to clearly indicate that if you want to run HP, that's
ok, but don't
 expect it to count.

So based on your "more informed" understanding of the rules, as a former
manager, is the
idea that you (royal you) would rather have less participation, IE, "don't get
on the air to
make any QSOs in the NAQP," than to have someone use HP, even if they don't
send in a log?

Honestly, that just seems crazy to me.  Of course, I am the first to admit that
I am not a
die-hard NAQPer.  I (rarely) get on, and usually that is only to give out
points and have some
fun.

de Doug KR2Q

Bruce wrote:

Hi,

The intent of this rule is to specify the consequences of using high power (not
an entry, will be used as a check log) for those who may not have noticed that
the NAQPs are low power contests. It was not meant to encourage the use of high
power.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@hornucopia.com)
Former NAQP manager