Re: [CQ-Contest] Absurd Rule in NAQP

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Absurd Rule in NAQP
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 17:07:09 -0500
Pete, N4ZR stated

"With all, as they say, due respect, assisted operation with the RBN

requires different skills, but if you have figured it out you should be

into and out of that pileup before it has the chance to mushroom."

Pete, With all due respect, you need to get out more buddy.  Try coming on
CQ WW CW as a mildly rare mult for the first time on a new band.  And tell
me that you are getting into and out of that pileup before it has a chance
to mushroom.

The firehouse goes both ways with RBN.  As a mildly rare mult who is loud
from Vermont in ARRL DX, I can tell you that unless you have a stack of
monobanders and full power, you would not be getting in and out of the
pileup on me before it mushrooms when I first come on 20, 15, or 10 on
Saturday.

73

Ed  N1UR