Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Committee blog post - audio recording

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Committee blog post - audio recording
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 18:21:31 -0300
You guys all get your knickers in a knot over nothing and/or have a real
difficult time digesting what it is you are reading.

First (a month or so ago) it was the sky was falling because you
(collectively) wouldn?t have the technical wherewithal to be able to
interface with your radios to record a contest (all it takes is a $50 Sony
handheld recorder spliced into your headphone line) ?as heard by the
operator? I believe were the key words here.

Now you?re all freaking out because you?re (suddenly) a casual participant
and have not (for any # of reasons) recorded the contest and the sky is once
again falling.

Nowhere in the rules does it say recordings WILL be requested.  It says they
MAY be requested.? The recording may be requested by the Committee within 90
days after the log

deadline to help adjudicate the log?.?

I presume if they don?t find anything fishy or questionable in your log,
their online SDR recordings or complaint emails to the CC, you?ll get your
award, certificate or not be DQ?d and your callsign will be displayed
proudly in the listings.

I have placed pretty high in the ranks a couple times and have never had CQ
ask me for my recordings.  I?ll presume they didn?t find anything untoward
in my log.

Relax boys.  In the words of the now defunct CBC?s radio-show ?Dead Dog
Café???Stay strong, be brave, wait for the signs?

Mike VE9AA in NB (That?s 9 land in Canada for you fellas at CQ HQ?..which,
after ~2.5 decades, still does not appear in your listings.) ;-) HI

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB