[Yaesu] Microphone recommendations

To: yaesu reflector <yaesu@mailman.qth.net>, yaesu@contesting.com, CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Microphone recommendations
From: John Geiger <af5cc2@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 10:49:17 -0500
I just purchased a used (obviously) Yaesu FT1000 on ebay and it is supposed
to be here next week!  I am looking for a microphone to use with it that
will give the most "punch" to the audio.  I am not looking for full bodied
audio, but audio that will get through on pileups and weak signal
conditions since I don't have that great of an antenna system.

Anyone found a mic that works for this?  Does the Astatic D104 work nicely
with a FT1000D?

73 John AF5CC