Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R vs SO1R

To: Ria Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>, <sawyered@earthlink.net>, CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R vs SO1R
From: Rudy Bakalov via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 15:47:50 +0000 (UTC)
There are practical limitations of how you draw the boundaries of contest
categories. It is impossible to account for all variables (e.g., geo location,
antennas and towers, etc.) and even if you did you will have categories with
very few participants to the point the competition is no longer fun.
In fact, I'd argue that keeping categories to a minimum rewards operators who
find the optimum balance between the many variables and tradeoffs. Amateur
radio contesting, IMHO, is all about figuring out which levers to pull, not
just about the simplistic SO1R vs SOnR, Assisted vs Unassisted, etc.
Rudy N2WQOn Friday, August 11, 2017, 11:34:32 AM EDT, Ria Jairam