Re: [CQ-Contest] FTDX 3000 as a contest radio?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FTDX 3000 as a contest radio?
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 21:05:49 -0700
On 10/17/2017 4:22 PM, John Geiger wrote:
What is it with the FTDX3000 that keeps it from being a contest radio?

Don't know about RX or features, but Yaesu radios of this vintage carry on the Yaesu tradition of CW clicks. I wouldn't want to have one as a neighbor. A firmware update about 2 years ago improved it, but not enough.

Here's a report I put together a few years ago comparing ARRL Lab data on a selection of radios used by contesters. The FTDX5000 is representative of the FTDX3000 in this regard.

http://k9yc.com/TXNoise.pdf

73, Jim K9YC