[CQ-Contest] Why was 4U1WB Disqualified in the CQ WPX Contest?

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Why was 4U1WB Disqualified in the CQ WPX Contest?
From: Fred Kleber <kleberf@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 17:38:26 +0000 (UTC)
OK, so if I follow Terry's logic correctly for rule V.C.1 (see below), what
about the TO#* calls which are issued by France, but the DXCC entity can not be
determined?  Let's take TO1A for example.  Does this mean if someone signed
TO1A in a CQ contest from outside of France, they run the risk of being DQ'd?
For example:

TO1A versus:
FG/TO1AFH/TO1AFJ/TO1A
FK/TO1AFM/TO1AFO/TO1AFP/TO1A
FR/TO1AFW/TO1A

FY/TO1A
...or how about VK9AA?  Can't tell what entity that's from.  ...or how about
VK0 (Heard, Macquarie, or Antarctica?)...or how about 3Y (Bouvet or Peter 1st?
73,Fred, K9VV, um wait, I mean K9VV/KP2
On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 3:02 PM, Terry Zivney <n4tz@arrl.net> wrote:

>? Why was 4U1WB Disqualified in the CQ WPX Contest?
>
> As Masa, AJ3M, noted in his posting about the
> disqualification of 4U1WB in the 2017 CQ WPX SSB
> contest, I informed him that:

<snip> ...> Since 4U1 prefixes can be in multiple countries, rule V.C.1 would
also
> apply.
> The DXCC list includes 4U1UN and 4U1ITU as separate entities. So, the 4U1
> prefix does not denote the country of operation. This rule states:
>
> "A station operating from a DXCC entity different from that indicated
> by its call sign is required to sign portable." Because the 4U1WB callsign
> does not reflect the DXCC entity of USA, it is required to sign portable.

<snip>