Re: [CQ-Contest] Portable in Canada

To: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Portable in Canada
From: Radio K0HB <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2018 16:16:26 +0000
Carlie, here is the FCC rule which applies. It makes a specific exception
for Canada, which I presume is also reflected in Canadian rules.

“(g) When the station is transmitting under the authority of §97.107 of
this part, an indicator consisting of the appropriate letter-numeral
designating the station location must be included before the call sign that
was issued to the station by the country granting the license. For an
amateur service license granted by the Government of Canada, however, the
indicator must be included after the call sign. At least once during each
intercommunication, the identification announcement must include the
geographical location as nearly as possible by city and state, commonwealth
or possession.”

73, de Hans, K0HB

73, de Hans, K0HB
--