Re: [CQ-Contest] station re-building, distortion when multiple 600 Ohm l

To: k9yc@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] station re-building, distortion when multiple 600 Ohm lines in parallel?
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 16:43:06 -0600
I think Holger means crosstalk, rather than distortion. The critical issue will
be whether the feedline crosstalk is greater than that from the antennas. There
may be ways to estimate the feedline crosstalk, but I don’t know without doing
some research. However, it might be worthwhile spacing the wires for less than
600 Ohms as that will reduce crosstalk for a given distance between feedlines.
The tradeoff will be slightly more loss due to more spacers.

73,
Scott K9MA

Scott Ellington

 --- via iPad