Re: [CQ-Contest] Team Exuberance - WPX phone 2019

To: Sean Waite <waisean@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Team Exuberance - WPX phone 2019
From: Sterling Mann <kawfey@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2019 22:21:34 -0500
Tim - Absolutely excellent event you hosted for these young contesters. I'm
hearing that they had a blast, blew some score records out of the water,
and I'm sure this won't be the last!

Inspired by Team Exubarnace is an initiative I've been trying out to engage
more youth contesters:
http://n0ssc.com/posts/830-announcing-yarc-youth-contesting-program

For CQWPX we only had 17 operators apply, and 10 stations apply, and after
a few drop outs we only had one pairing where the distance was within a
reasonable drive, so it's an apparent success! We'll be doing round 2 for
IARU HF, and I expect to get a lot more youth ops since it'll be the
summer, and some more host stations to apply for lots more youth op <>
contest station pairings.

Stay tuned to https://yarc.world/ycp for more.

-Sterling N0SSC