Re: [CQ-Contest] Doctor DX clone (if you never used it, you just don't "

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Doctor DX clone (if you never used it, you just don't "get it")
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 09:00:20 -0600
On 09/29/2020 06:35 PM, Martin, LU5DX wrote:
I remember when I was a kid, and my father gave me an AEA MM-3 - The Morse
Machine™ as a birthday present.
It included a DX Contest simulator, you could change bands and you could
set your latitude and longitude and the time of the day.
You could connect it to a computer and get reports on your contest activity.
Band conditions seemed pretty realistic. In this case there was no QRN like
in Morse Runner, but it was really amazing.
Talking about contest simulators DXLog.net comes with Morse Runner built-in.
You can set it up to have two instances of Morse Runner executing to
practice 2BSIQ.
You can also set it up to use two keyboards with one computer.
It's free software and development is very active.

Same for N1MM+. Integrated MorseRunner. 2BSIQ. Two keyboards. Updated with realistic callsigns. Free.

73,
Steve, N2IC