Re: [CQ-Contest] Proposed rules for all contests

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Proposed rules for all contests
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 17:55:47 -0400
Jim,

While I would love to see 3830 reports from everyone (I enjoy reading them
after almost every contest), unless the sponsor makes it a rule to post to
3830, you'll not get everyone to do so.

There is one very active, top ranking VE3 that I have never seen a 3830
report from.  I am sure there are more, but one comes to mind.  I am not
sure I've ever even seen a post here from him either.

Why? I have no idea.  Maybe he's anti-social, maybe he likes to keep his
cards close to his chest, maybe he likes to "category shop" after reading
most everyone elses 3830 report.  Only he and maybe his close friends know.

I am sure there are tons in the USA and most of EU does not post to 3830
either.

C'est la vie !

Mike VE9AA...way too long winded (usually) in my 3830 reports.

Maybe one more "rule" ...

VII  "Serious competitors will submit their report after the contest to the

3830 reflector and will make an enlightening comment or two."

A couple of things have always bothered me. A few really competitive

operators submit astronomical QSO info to 3830 but don't make even a token

comment. Something like what section they missed in SS is of great interest

to some of us. And there is the multi/op who just plugs into the Comments

some crap boiler plate about "It was wonderful to welcome our contest

friends for a weekend of celebration." Yep, celebration of

conspicuous consumption, as K8MR so aptly put it.

cain K1TN

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB