Re: [CQ-Contest] earbuds?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] earbuds?
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 14:29:33 -0500
I recently bought a highly rated over-the-ear noise cancelling headset.  (Anker Q20.) Compared to earlier NC headsets, the noise reduction is much improved. However, they are wireless and the latency is far to great for CW operation, and probably for phone as well. I'm not sure how much of the latency is due to bluetooth and how much to processing delay, but I would beware of any modern NC headset, even wired, until tested for latency. The old analog NC headsets have no latency issues but, alas, they're also not very good at cancelling noise.

The Q20, however, is excellent for listening to music.

73,
Scott K9MA