[CQ-Contest] Explorer Category - CQ WW

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Explorer Category - CQ WW
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 09:02:57 -0600
I never paid any attention to this but was looking at 3830 Scores and that
category is first on the list.  For lack of anything better to do at the
moment, I looked at the rules.

Holy crap! You could have someone operating from a rare one in the Indian Ocean
receiving on Beverages in the United States, hanging out double mults to
stations that could have never been heard by the guy in the rare location
without the USA RX setup.

I’m sure this has all been discussed before.  I would not call what I described
as a two way contact via amateur radio.

Having a distributed M/M operation seems like a good thing for the hobby.
Allowing the use of remote receivers is an embarrassment and should be
eliminated, in my opinion.

73…Stan, K5GO