Re: [CQ-Contest] Drones

To: "'h .'" <wb2cpu@outlook.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Drones
From: "Don Butler" <n5lz@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 07:24:44 -0600
Battery life for most drone flights will typically limit your flight time to
20-25 minutes or less  ...... so a drone is likely to be helpful for lifting
a weighted line into the air and stratically dropping it over a support
(tree branch, etc) ... which will then allow that line to be used to pull
the antenna/rope over the same branch ... but it is not practical for
continuous support like a balloon will give you...  and:  even though a
drone can easily lift a monofilimant line with a small weight and then use a
remote release to drop it  .... it's very doubtful that it will be able to
support the weight of a long wire antenna

Don, N5LZ