Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Spotting

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Spotting
From: K3ZJ David Siddall <davek3zj@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 19:06:18 -0400
Seriously, don't you are being punked?

Every IARU participant this year will have a much better chance to win in
almost any category because a lot of the very top competitors will be in
the WRTC from Italy instead of the IARU contest from USA (or wherever).

And almost certainly there will be a substantial jump in activity, so this
is the best year to try to set a new record BECAUSE it’s a WRTC year.  The
last time WRTC ran, back in 2018, the number of submitted logs shot up by
23 percent.

So with many top competitors absent, and a big jump in competitors
expected, new faces are to be expected among the top scorers and new
records will be reachable if propagation is favorable.

Spotting?  There is NO self-spotting by the WRTC stations.  They will be
spotted or not by third parties with no control or influence from the
competitors themselves.  In fact, the competitors have no say in any of the
spotting decisions.  And during the event itself the competitors don’t even
have a cell phone, let alone an Internet connection capable of sending or
receiving spots or any other similar information.

But, those spots will materially aid every IARU competitor trying to win
their category or set a new record.

So yeah, this has to be an effort to punk you guys, don’t you think?

73, Dave K3ZJ