Re: [CQ-Contest] Missing E-mail Addresses

To: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Missing E-mail Addresses
From: K3ZJ David Siddall <davek3zj@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 11:45:12 -0500
Pete,

Greater sense of privacy and more protective EU legislation generally.  The
UK regulator, for example, does not even publish amateurs' addresses and
other related information.

The FCC has the email addresses for every ham, but does not publish them in
the public database even though it publishes the email addresses for most
of the other license holders in the other services that use the same (ULS)
database.  My business email address is on the FCC website in hundreds of
places associated with other types of licenses, but privacy concerns do
not apply on the business side.

73, Dave K3ZJ