Re: [CQ-Contest] Fewer than 3% of contesters self-spotted in ARRL DX CW

To: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Fewer than 3% of contesters self-spotted in ARRL DX CW 2024
From: Ed Parish <k1ep.list@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 17:15:24 -0500
Yes, there is a need for self spot. Not everyone uses a skimmer based
cluster or has skimmer turned off. Or there are stations that call CQ in a
manner that isn't picked up by skimmers. Therefore, some users only get
human initiated spots. I am not commenting on whether to self spot or not
or to even spot, just the fact that self spotting makes a difference even
in CW contests.