Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spotting

To: kq2m@kq2m.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spotting
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 18:06:43 -0500
Spotting yourself with another callsign, foreign or not, has nothing to do with
the ARRL allowing self spotting.  It’s always been a problem that someone would
spot themselves and try to hide it.

Just another reason why self spotting is a good thing.  It evens the playing
field. Anyone think it’s fair to see two serious stations with one of them
getting spotted by his friends to the tune of triple the number of spots of the
other guy?

Stan

Sent from my iPhone