CT-User

CT9 Features

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: CT9 Features
From: reisert@wrksys.enet.dec.com (Jim Reisert AD1C 22-Mar-1994 1401)
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 1994 13:57:10 -0500
For those of you who missed the ad on page 115 on the April 1994 CQ
Magazine, here is a list of new functionality that Ken plans to include in
CT Version 9:

        * 50-line display mode
        * Window position/color control
        * Built-in mouse support
        - Generic contest mode
        - Daily logging mode
        * Color-coded band map
        * Sunrise/sunset tables
        * Band switch support
        * Beam headings & (-) rotator control
        ? Busted call detection
        ? Parallel keyer paddle support
        - Increased CW speed range
        - Variable CW weighting
        - Single op/Multi TX support
        - Automatic "installer" program

The ad also specifies, "CT 9 requires a 386- or 486-based PC with at least
2MB of RAM".

The items marked with "*" are already available in CT 9 beta test versions,
items marked "-" have not been implemented yet.  I'm not sure what the "?"
items really are.  Ken will release CT 9 at Dayton with *most* of the above
functionality (I think generic contest support is his next priority).
Registered users will receive a free upgrade disk when all of the features
have been implemented.

Price for new users is $79.95, upgarde from version 8 for $44.95.

73 - Jim AD1C